It's been a crazy year so far with the pandemic, the loss of several Black icons (Little Richard, Andre Harrell, Betty Wright, Kobe Bryant), and the continuous police violence against Black people.
I'm angry, sad, numb, and just tired. I don't know what to say or do sometimes. I was debating even posting this. But staying silent feels wrong.
The best way I know how to help is share information. Please help out if you can and share the resources below with your friends and family. Also, feel free to share other resources in the comments below.
Stay healthy. Stay safe.
Below is a list of resources to support the Black Lives Matter movement:
- Black Visions Collective is a social justice organization aiming to "center our work in healing and transformative justice principles, intentionally develop our organization's core 'DNA' to ensure sustainability, and develop Minnesota’s emerging black leadership to lead powerful campaigns." Donate here.
- Reclaim the Block began in 2018 and organizes Minneapolis community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that truly promote community health and safety. Donate here.
- The Bail Project, Inc. is a non-profit organization designed to combat mass incarceration by disrupting the money bail system ‒ one person at a time. 100% of online donations are used to bring people home.
- Fair Fight brings awareness to the public on election reform, advocates for election reform at all levels, and engages in other voter education programs and communications. Donate here.
- Sign the petition - Justice for George Floyd
- Sign the petition - Justice for Breonna Taylor
- Sign the petition - Justice For Tony McDade